Gareth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 706 posts
  • LocationKent, UK
  • RSN:Stargazed

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:26 PM

Hi all,

I'm making some improvements to the database, so some of your old data and records may temporarily disappear as they're being moved and archived, however once I finish the updates they will be accessible again as normal. This is to get the site to perform quicker - especially during busy events such as double xp weekends.

Thanks for your understanding,

Gareth

Gareth | RSN: Stargazed

user1-light.png

JTrick
JTrick

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationEstonia
  • RSN:Caladium

Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:40 PM

Thanks alot for improving it! :P

user1-dark.png

Commodore
Commodore

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 11:05 PM

Good to hear you're still working on the site.

Kaeli
Kaeli

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationUK
  • RSN:Kaeli

Posted 07 November 2017 - 08:49 PM

Thank you for this service :) 

user1-dark.png

Vans
Vans

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:25 PM

Only 20 days in, how long could this possibly take? :(

Jeremy
Jeremy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:31 PM

Only 20 days in, how long could this possibly take? :(

This guy is the only admin and he probably has a main job so give this man some time.

Gareth
Gareth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 706 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:04 PM

This guy is the only admin and he probably has a main job so give this man some time.

Correct, I'm the only one who works on the site, I do all the clan name changes, all the rsn name changes, maintenance - everything, as well as working an average of 50 hours per week in my normal job. Even if I'm not active on the forums I'm still there behind the scenes doing all these things. Thanks for recognizing that :)

user1-light.png

Jeremy
Jeremy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 November 2017 - 01:12 PM

Correct, I'm the only one who works on the site, I do all the clan name changes, all the rsn name changes, maintenance - everything, as well as working an average of 50 hours per week in my normal job. Even if I'm not active on the forums I'm still there behind the scenes doing all these things. Thanks for recognizing that :)

You're doing a great job. The only real issues everyone has on this website is during DXP but lets hope you can fix those. The next DXP is probably somewhere in February again so take your time  :P .

luka1a
luka1a

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 November 2017 - 08:58 PM

Could you also pls manualy remove records that are obvious glitched like #1 attack record has been there for quite a while and i doubt it would take a lot of time. thanks

Jeremy
Jeremy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:29 AM

Could you also pls manualy remove records that are obvious glitched like #1 attack record has been there for quite a while and i doubt it would take a lot of time. thanks

This. The problem is can he detect which record is legit and which isn't? There are some obvious ones like this one (Invention):

1nWfnTY.png

Dude changed his name 3 times during a period of 24 hours, he shouldn't even be there once because it glitched the first time, he only had 120m Invent XP in total, he didn't gain that amount in 1 day. So that means there are at least 2 fake records in the top 10 of Invention, probably a lot more with other skills. 

But like I said, can Gareth detect the real and the fake ones? That's the question.

Noesis
Noesis

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • RSN:Noeticus

Posted 14 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Thanks Gareth, love ya work.

Sadly it seems our clan records got wiped for last year however, I was relying on runeclan records to do inactivity but our Hiscores shows no one gained any xp last year. Any idea why? I think we got dropped off the database and reentered... Gus Honeybun would have join date at the point we registered on runeclan, The Rune Lounge.

Noeticus,

Proud leader of The Rune Lounge

user1-dark.png

Jeremy
Jeremy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:01 AM

Sadly it seems our clan records got wiped for last year however, I was relying on runeclan records to do inactivity but our Hiscores shows no one gained any xp last year. Any idea why? I think we got dropped off the database and reentered... Gus Honeybun would have join date at the point we registered on runeclan, The Rune Lounge.

Happened to everyone.

Deimos
Deimos

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Gareth,

You've done a great job with the site. I've worked on projects like this before and I know the headaches affiliated with such work. Keep it up and know we all appreciate your efforts.

Gareth
Gareth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 706 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

Happened to everyone.

The data is still there, just got to change some things so that the website can read it again from it's new location. Won't be long

user1-light.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users