user1-light.png

HNR GOD
HNR GOD

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:14 AM

Thanks for the information! I was wondering yesterday why the clan stat's did not update or barely updated itself automatically. I hope, I'm sure everyone does that, that this problem will be solved as fast as possible. :)

HNR GOD

Bad Paolo
Bad Paolo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • RSN:Bad Paolo

Posted 10 May 2016 - 03:32 PM

Thanks for keeping us informed ! :)

ZEAVeGx.png

Noob & Proud Deputy Owner of French Panthers, the #1 French Clan.

Nick_R
Nick_R

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:58 PM

You got this :)

user1-dark.png

Oscar
Oscar

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 10:28 AM

Your tacking is broken still. It says I got 420k Slayer EXP yesterday, but Runemetrics says I got 792k.

Jinxy
Jinxy

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Your tacking is broken still. It says I got 420k Slayer EXP yesterday, but Runemetrics says I got 792k.

RuneMetrics is always going to be more precise because it's built in to the game.

RuneClan tracking is dependent on you logging out to update the hiscore. Sometimes the hiscore doesn't update when you log out and thus makes any tracker not built into the game unable to get a precise tracking. Also timezone could be affecting when it sees you gaining exp.

Gareth
Gareth

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 703 posts
  • LocationKent, UK
  • RSN:Stargazed

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:23 PM

RuneMetrics is always going to be more precise because it's built in to the game.

RuneClan tracking is dependent on you logging out to update the hiscore. Sometimes the hiscore doesn't update when you log out and thus makes any tracker not built into the game unable to get a precise tracking. Also timezone could be affecting when it sees you gaining exp.

This

Gareth | RSN: Stargazed

user1-light.png

Enufznuf
Enufznuf

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:04 AM

Don't worry Oscar, RuneClan tracking is broken. It says I have gained 584k cooking xp today when I have actually gained close to 3 million. And Jinxy & Gareth don't try those lame explanations on me. I logged out 6 hours ago and it still says the same. I reached 20m cooking xp earlier today and now I have 21.3m cooking xp. Do the math.

ccdaz
ccdaz

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:30 AM

How did you resolve the issue?

I use MS Office to pull my stats from 'hiscore.runescape.com/index_lite.ws?player=[name]'. Whilst I can open the address shown in a browser, I get access denied from Office. Any help would be appreciated. I'm not a programmer or anything like that. I had the vba written for me.

Enufznuf
Enufznuf

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 07:08 AM

They didn't resolve it. When presented with proof that there is something wrong with the tracker suddenly nobody replies. I reached 20 million cooking xp yesterday. It wasn't announced. I reached 1.425 billion xp yesterday. It wasn't announced. I gained over 3 million cooking xp yesterday but the xp tracker says only 818k xp. There was obviously something wrong with RuneClan yesterday but nobody wants to acknowledge it or address it.

ccdaz
ccdaz

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

All I can see is that this site can get my current xp values, which is more than any other site that uses the high scores for data.All I was asking is how did they get hold of the current xp values? I don't care for Xmillions or 1.xxx b bench marks.

Enufznuf
Enufznuf

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:27 PM

You should care for Xmillions and 1.xxx b bench marks. That is all xp that goes towards your clan's xp. Almost 10%of my clan's xp is still unaccounted for and that effects my clan's rank. If that xp is not tracked accurately or competently doesn't that render this site pointless? That is after all the point to a site named RuneClan.

ccdaz
ccdaz

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

You don't understand what I was asking. All I wanted to know was how did the site get the data from the highscores? That's all, nothing else!

Noesis
Noesis

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • RSN:Noetika

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:18 PM

There are web url's called API's that pick up JSON strings from RuneScape's databases. The 'hiscore.runescape.com/index_lite.ws?player=[name]' is one of those. There are a number of others. One for clans (using my clan as an example) is http://services.rune...The Rune Lounge- if run in a web browser this gives you a download file. The data in these download files can also be retrieved with code within a website or stored in a database or spreadsheet system. If the code to retrieve data like this is embedded in a website, then some on demand data can be provided, for example how RS Wikia gives GE prices, you may notice there are a few spots where it gives a clickable update for prices. When it comes to a clan, hopefully there is always a chance that someone is still logged into the game and gaining xp. Hiscores are not updated until those people log out. As the clan API reads hiscores, it will always be behind real time xp gain.

Noetika,

Proud leader of The Rune Lounge

user1-dark.png

Ms Gallifrey
Ms Gallifrey

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 04:19 AM

Dunno, but my clan is only tracking a few people at the moment, and it's super far behind. This started happening two days ago and I've been waiting on an announcement saying that the tracking was off again. Also, the calculators on runehq and tipit are down too, so I figured this being screwy could be linked into the hiscores with what's going on on those sites as well.

toenail
toenail

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:15 PM

Tracker is broken again for sure

CazFromWales04
CazFromWales04

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:12 PM

tracking only seems to be updating when you click into the individual user page. it then updates it in the clan page and the clans daily xp gain. to get an accurate reading, you would currently have to click each member in the clan after they have logged out :(

user1-dark.png

Montemin
Montemin

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:43 AM

Tracker has lost all data on my progress and doesn't track at all.

Zaros
Zaros

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • RSN:Maître Ruy

Posted 23 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

I think the tracking is broken again for my clan, it doesn't show any xp today, only when i click on each member of my clan :/

BURN MY DREAD

persona_3_ost1.jpg

miros
miros

Noob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

tracker is broken again for my character.... lost all progress and keeps showing up as i got all my 99's today...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users